in 4 Wochen sind wir in der Wärme (der Gedanke daran baut mich gerade bei diesem Mistwetter auf).
Wir sind ja noch in der Ausflugsplanung. Haben gerade ein Angebot für Goa erhalten:
GOA PAST AND PRESENT
What this tour is about: This is a tour of Panjim (the current capital of Goa), combined with a visit to ‘Velha Goa’ or Old Goa (the previous capital). The tour covers some of the popular tourist must-see’s in Goa, including a heritage walk in the interesting Latin quarter of Panjim. It also includes a visit to a temple, as well as a vibrant and colorful traditional bazaar to experience the bustle of daily life in Goa.
Background: Goa was among the most important centres of the ancient and medieval world, trading in calico, spices, precious metals and many other goods. It has been under various Hindu dynasties for most of its history, with a brief period under Muslim rulers. When the Portuguese arrived in Goa, it was under the Muslim Bahmani empire. The Portuguese defeated the Bahmanis and conquered Goa in 1510; thus beginning 450 years of Christian rule. This rule ended when in 1961, the Indian army marched into Goa, and overthrew the Portuguese. These historical events have left their mark on Goa, influencing not only religion and architecture, but also the language, dress, cuisine and lifestyle of Goans. On this tour, you will see not only Goa’s interesting monuments, but also its diverse cultures.
What the tour covers:The tour includes the following:
- A drive to the top of a hill for a panoramic view of Goa. Here, our guide will show you the layout of the land, highlighting the rivers, islands, transport systems, and providing an overview of life in Goa.
- A visit to the churches of Old Goa, the “Rome of the East”, which was the administrative seat of the Portuguese. We will visit Se Cathedral (the seat of theArchbishop of Goa), and the Basilica of Bom Jesus which contains the body of Saint Francis Xavier, the Jesuit missionary who was canonised in 1622.
· (If you are in a “not another church please” mood, please tell the guide so that we can just drive through these areas rather than stop at the churches)
- A brief walk through the heritage district of Fontainhas – this is a residential area, the Latin quarter of Panjim where the traditional colourful houses of the Catholic and Hindu community are still preserved. Here you will see the original fountain after which the area was named. Life in this old quarter still continues its sleepy ways.
- A stop at one of Panjim’s popular restaurants to taste the famous Goan seafood. Goa’s cuisine is a unique blend of local and Portuguese influences, and Goan specialties such as prawn balchao, pork vindaloo are loved by food aficionados around the world. Please note that you pay direct for the meal.
- Bazaar walk through the bustling Panjim fish and vegetable market – this is a large colourful market where you can see all sorts of interesting things on offer, including household wares, spices, fish, meat, vegetables and many other goods. It’s a great way to see daily life in Goa!
A visit to a Hindu temple to see the local architectural styles and prayer rituals. Hindus form the majority of the Goan population (around 70%), and the temple is a good way to see the “inner life” and rituals of this community.This is a private tour and open to modifications.
- If you are interested, you can also visit a popular local beach in Goa, before being dropped back at the ship.
- Those interested in museums may visit the Museum of Christian Art in Goa or the State Museum.
- If you would like to go shopping for handicrafts, please let the guide know.
Duration: 6-8 hours depending on your interests. We suggest that we pick you from at the ship at 8:30 a.m. and drop you back after the tour around 4:00 p.m.Cost and Inclusions:
The prices for a tour of Goa are as follows:Rs 2250 per person per day for a group of 9-15 people
Rs 2500 per person per day for a group of 7-8 people
Rs 3000 per person per day for a group of 5-6 people
Rs 3500 per person per day for a group of 4 people
Rs 4500 per person per day for a group of 3 people
Rs 6000 per person per day for a couple
Rs 10500 for a solo person
The price we charge includes pick up from inside the docks and drop (air-conditioned transport), driver with cell phone, fuel, parking charges, tolls, English-speaking guide, personalized tour itinerary, any entrance tickets, bottled water, illustrated handouts (English), and drop back at ship.
EXCLUDES: TIPS, MEALS and INSURANCE
To book this tour, e-mail us. Payment is by cash on the day of the tour.
Hat jemand Lust mitzumachen? Wenn wir mindestens 4 Personen sind, dann würden wir das buchen. Vielleicht mit der Option zum Schluß noch 1,5 Stunden Strand, wenn die Zeit es hergibt. Also wer Lust hat bitte bei mir melden.
Einen schönen Tag noch.